What Method of Carpet Cleaning in Kapolei HI is the Answer to Your Allergy Problems at Home?
Kapolei Carpet Cleaning methods are not all the same. In fact, there are many different ways to clean various types of carpet. What many people do not understand is that carpet fibers are not all made the same, so certain types of carpet will require a different type of cleaning method. Certain cleaners may also be harmful for some carpet fibers while they work wonders for other types. It is important to complete preliminary research before having just any carpet cleaning company in Kapolei, HI come to a home and clean the carpet with whatever method they feel like using without regard to what is best for the carpet.
Having your carpets cleaned two or three times a year by professional carpet cleaning services in Kapolei Hawaii will help preserve the look of your carpets for many years to come and is by far the best way to clean it. However, if the cleaning method utilized is detrimental to the lifespan of the carpet, then it basically serves no purpose. This type of mistake can cost you a lot of money and maybe might even require you to replace your own carpet.
To keep informed, it is probably a good idea to learn about a few of the different carpet cleaning methods in Hawaii and how they work. Below are a few different carpet cleaning methods:
1. Shampooing a Carpet – Typically this seems to be the least effective method on any carpet. What occurs during a carpet shampooing is that formulated detergents are applied directly to the carpet and then the professional carpet cleaners will use a machine that agitates the cleaner. Then they will use a vacuum to extract the cleanser and make the carpet look very clean. The detergents used are formulated to make the carpet seem bright and smell nice. However, it does little more any caked on dirt deep down in the pad of the carpet. So if the main purpose of a carpet cleaning for a home is to make it look nice, maybe for a special occasion where a lot of people will be walking around so the carpet will need to be cleaned again anyway, shampooing can be the right choice. However, for health and wellness reasons, it is typically not the top choice.
2. Dry Carpet Cleaning – Most people recommend the dry cleaning method over any other. It is certainly helpful since there is little to no down time since the carpet will not need to dry for a long period of time as is necessary with other methods. Most of the time, using a special cleaning powder completes the process. It is sprinkled all over the carpet and it will automatically start attracting dirt. After it has stayed on the carpet an appropriate amount of time to absorb, it is then sucked up by a vacuum, leaving the carpet almost as good as new. A few carpet cleaning companies have made modifications to this method with different cleansers, such as an oxygenated cleanser. This method works well too, because although it may make the carpet wet just briefly, the oxygenated bubbles help lift dirt out of the base of the carpet, allowing it to be cleaned up even more effectively.
3. Foam Carpet Cleaning – This method is also very useful. It basically takes a little bit of the shampoo method and then combines it with the dry cleaning method. A cleansing foam and a small amount of water are applied to the carpet. The cleansing foam is also designed to attract dirt dust and harmful fibers like the powder in a dry cleaning method does. It works its way through the carpet and then the foam, along with all the dirt and dust particles it has collected are extracted from the carpet. This method works best of tougher carpet due to the nature of the foam as well as the vacuum.
4. Steam Carpet Cleaning – Steam carpet cleaning is probably one of the most well known cleaning methods and is also used often by Kapolei Carpet Cleaners. It does have its disadvantages though because it uses an awful lot of water. When the water soaks deep down into the pad of the carpet, it can damage it so severely that the carpet may need to be replaced. However, if steam cleaning is done properly, and not too frequently, it can be effective. It is also known as “Hot water extraction” and basically it works by having a very powerful machine put a hot water and cleanser solution deep down into the carpet. Then the machine will extract the cleanser with a powerful suction. All of this will most likely get the most dirt out of the carpet, however, it may cause the carpet damage over time. It also means the carpet will be wet for a while, so do not use this method as a quick fix, since there is nothing quick about it.
5. Bonnet Carpet Cleaning – This method is mostly used for commercial buildings due to the amount of carpet inside of them. It is not meant to be incredibly effective, since commercial buildings experience so much traffic anyway. Basically this method will keep the carpets looking fresh and clean, even though some dirt and dust may still be lurking under the surface. A chemical detergent is applied to the carpet and then a rotary machine is equipped with an absorbent pad and then worked across the carpet.
Best Carpet Cleaning In My Area?
It's messy, damaging, and stubborn. Carpet stains come in various color, form, and chemical composition. For this reason, different sets of procedures are in place to get rid of nasty stains. With the goal of preserving the quality and appearance of carpets, you need to first acknowledge that stains are inevitable so you need to be aware of what to do when that time finally happens.
General Precautions in Carpet Stain Removal
Specific procedures in carpet cleaning vary but some are generally observed like as follows:
1. Know the kind of material your carpet is made of in order to avoid a chemical reaction when using commercially-prepared cleaning agents. If unsure, contact the carpet manufacturer first before purchasing or applying any chemicals.
2. Read the directions in every cleaning solution you purchase before you use them. Using these agents haphazardly might lead to more damage on your carpet.
3. Make it a point to do a spot test. Using the ideal cleaning solution, get a clean cloth, put some of the solution, and try it on a hidden area of the carpet.
4. Protect yourself from the effects of handling chemicals. Use gloves when applying cleaning agents as some are skin-reactants.
5. Prior to purchasing a carpet, it is best to arm yourself with information about stain management. Ask the manufacturer about it first.
The general tips above are useful as you learn about the specific carpet cleaning steps below.
It feels nice to walk with a cup of coffee around until it spills. When this happens, here are the steps you need to take:
- Blotting: Get a white cloth and blot the stained area until it dries. You need a few pieces of dry cloth for two reasons. First, you need to change cloth as it absorbs the spilled beverage. Second, you need to work your way inwards to prevent the spill from spreading to a larger area.
- Home-made solution: Prepare a solution of water, vinegar, and a non-bleach detergent. Apply it on the stained area, rinse it and repeat as necessary. If this method does not work, it's time to move on to the next method.
- Commercial solution: Look for a solution specifically design to treat coffee stains on carpets. Read the directions for use carefully before use.
- Reminder: The type of carpet you have plays a factor when it comes to carpet stain removal. If unsure, contact the manufacturer and ask for recommendations about managing coffee stains.
Inks stains are a variety. Some stains come from pens, some come printers, and some are from certain mechanical oils. Follow these steps to get rid of ink stains:
- Blotting: You need a piece of cloth to initially treat an ink stain. Never scrub or rub the cloth against the stain. This will spread the ink and will make cleaning more difficult for you.
- Home-made solution: Use Isopropyl alcohol to dampen a white cloth and dab it on the ink stain starting on the outermost area and going inwards. For better results, use a high percentage of Isopropyl solution. In addition, the following alcohol-based agents also work: nail polish, hairsprays, vinegar, and white wine. Rinse the stained area with water and use a vacuum cleaner to get rid of the remaining moisture.
- Commercial solution: Purchase a chemical-based solution for carpet cleaning, read the directions and precautions for carpet stain removal, and apply as directed on the stained area.
- Reminder: Do not pour alcohol directly to the stained area. Because ink emulsifies, the stain may spread.
Blood stains need to be treated as soon as possible. Here's what you can do:
- Blotting: Cleaning blood stains is a bit different. Instead of you spraying just enough liquid on the stained part, you need to liberally soak the same area for faster stain removal.
- Home-made solution: Use cold water and an anti-grease detergent to spray the stained part. Get a dry cloth to absorb the moisture. Repeat the process as necessary.
- Commercial solution: OxiClean is only among the popular products specifically designed to treat blood stains. Use it with either cold or warm water.
- Reminder: When following the home-made carpet cleaning solutions, use cold water to prevent blood coagulation.
On a final note, the carpet stain removal procedures provided above do not entail impeccable solutions. If hesitant, call for professional assistance. And always bear in mind that stains are better cleaned off as soon as they happen for better results.
Emergency Carpet Cleaning
Many people have turned to dry carpet cleaning to clean their carpets. It offers many advantages to steam cleaning. It dries much faster and is less prone to stains wicking back. One way in which you can have your carpets dry cleaned is to rent a dry cleaning machine. Learn about this process and learn how to successfully clean your carpets the dry way.
The first step is to rent the dry cleaning machine. Look in your phone book or do an online search for "Host Dry Cleaning". You should easily find a store where you can rent the machine. It is a small machine with counter rotating nylon brushes. You will also need to pick up a bottle of pre-clean and a box of absorbent sponges. It should run you around $60 for the machine rental and supplies.
Once you have the machine home the fun begins. First you need to vacuum your carpet thoroughly. Do not rush through this. Go slowly and do a good job. Next you will spray a small area (10 foot by 10 foot) lightly with the pre-clean that you have bought. It will help break down and loosen the soil. After spraying this solution, sprinkle some of the absorbent sponges onto the carpet. not too much, a few handfuls will do. Next turn the machine on and go over the carpeting. Run the machine north to south and then east to west. Do not linger in one spot for too long or you could abrade the carpet fibers. After you have thoroughly agitated the powder you need to let the carpe dry. It usually doesn't take more than 15 to 30 minutes to dry. After it dries you simply vacuum it up and you are done. Congratulations you now have clean carpet.
As you can see, carpet dry cleaning is not a difficult process. Just take your time and do not skip any steps. Most places will have a video available with the machine which will demonstrate the process. be sure to grab one of them if it is available. Good luck.
So it is clear that not all carpet cleaning methods are the same. Now that the different methods are clearly outlined, it’s time to figure out which one will work best in your own home. Choose wisely, as different methods will affect different types of carpet in various ways.